Friday 6 March 2009

Mrs Tigglewinkle


This is the second attempt at this watercolour of a farm in Newlands valley, I used yellow Ochre to start, I'm not a big fan of this colour preferring Raw Sienna because it is more translucent but using Y.Ochre as a base seemed to work well. I'm using this painting for my next online course, the 1st six online projects have gone really well, with students from all over including Canada, Turkey and North Yorkshire, sometimes been stuck for what to paint, or giving yourself that precious time but above all the course seems to have given students more confidence in their work. 
Why Mrs Tigglewinkle!!!, well for those you haven't read Beatrix Potter this famous hedgehog collected washing from Newlands Valley, but I can't remember who from!!

No comments: