Monday 23 March 2009

The Amalfi Lemon

A still life for my evening class tonight, I asked them last week to bring an Orange, Lemon and something Blue I'm looking forward to seeing what they bring to paint, it should be a fun class tonight. I went yesterday to 'Booths' our only biggish supermarket in Keswick only to find no lemons left but they did have a tray of expensive Amalfi lemons so one of these would have to do for the still life and also for tea! It was a different class of lemon, stylish and full of taste of course it was Italian! I put chilli, Cinnamon, Parmesan and lemon zest into my homemade meatballs which are very tasty.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Wow... this is just bursting with juicy color! Love it!

Lakeland art said...

Hi Teresa,

Thanks for that, it gives me a real buzz

r garriott said...

Your lemon is so skillfully painted...lovely!

(I also put lemon zest in meatballs! Really adds something , doesn't it?)