Wednesday 4 March 2009

Mrs Robinson

It's been a bit mad lately, but feel back on form today, sometimes been an (so called) artist you want to paint everything in sight, but there's never enough time and I run around like an headless chicken with a paint brush under my wing! Drew ( excuse the pun) back the curtains this morning to a sparkling white Blencathra and blue skies. So I packed the ruck sac with painting gear and headed up Latrigg one of Keswick's nearest hills, caught these little Daffs on the way. It's another of my favourite walks and it never fails to impress, so with ipod on I hummed my way up, stopping half way to take in this view, I can't resist the third hill from the left it's called Robinson, because Mr Robinson owns the fell or he used to when it was aptly named. I did a quick sketch in pastels sitting in the sunshine it was a joy I even had a little Robin for company.Derwentwater below Catbells, Hindscarth, Robinson and the side of Grizedale Pike from Latrigg
Hindscarth and Robinson





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Inspiring as ever, you're incredibly fortunate to do what you do....thanks for sharing your days, they're a tonic to read :-)

Lakeland art said...

Thanks that's very kind of you to say that, it helps with the scenery and changing of seasons.