Friday 5 July 2013

Buttercups, Daises and Cranesbill in watercolours

 I've had five four days painting Buttercups and other little beauties. Working with a limited palette on each and trying to master 
A: The glass
B:Buttercups
And C bringing it all together. 
Van Goff painted numerous Sunflowers and after a week of  flowers, I'm ready to chop an ear off!!

Only joking just the joys of Watercolour so I share with you my four days.


 Day Two 
'One Daisy'
A wet approach and deeper colours.


Day Two
'Three Daisies'
A softer approach and a dunk in the sink.


Day Three
'Abondance of Flowers'
A bigger Jar and Cobalt Violet introduced.



Day Four
'Buttercups in a Glass'

The Jam Jar was replaced by a glass, don't think it did help much.

So I look forward to hearing what you think and a Mountain scene is on the cards for next week.

If you fancy having a go at Watercolours, 
spending a few hours painting and following easy step by step instructions,
Check out my website.

2 comments:

Shelley Whiting's art said...

The painting is very elegant and lovely.

Shelley Whiting's art said...

The painting came out lovely. I loved the step by step process.