Thursday 22 April 2010

Stockley Bridge, Seathwaite

Last year my Magnolia started to flower on 1st April, today is 22nd and there are still lots of tight little buds.

Couldn't resist this Geranium on the market today, reminds me of Italy!

Having another go with the Daler Rowney Acrylics, I love them! They don't dry too  fast, nice and juicy and the colours dry nice and bright.
Stockley Bridge in Seathwaite, I've had a bit of a fascination about this bridge, it's a about 30 minutes walk up one of the most dramatic valleys in Cumbria  from the car. I've spent numerous days sketching sat in the middle of  the gushing river, other days trying to catch the light before it disappears for the day.My method of madness here is working complementary colours as a base!
 I've not finished yet, but pleased with how it's coming on.


4 comments:

luigi bluoso said...

Ciao, mi piace come 'traduci', il senso c'è! Senti dunque nostalgia dell'Italia. Ma anche qui il freddo ha fatto tardare la fioritura, tuttavia ormai nei campi si possono ammirare molti alberi in fiore. Bella l'impostazione con gli acrilici, credo che ne uscirà un bel lavoro! Un caro saluto e alla prossima.

Lakeland art said...

Hi Luigi, the translation took a little while longer but many thanks again.
I like the 'translate' there is sense!! You Feel so nostalgic about Italy. But even here the cold has delayed the bloom, but now in all the fields you can admire many trees in flower. Beautiful setting with acrylics, I think that it will work out well

Kay said...

this is coming along nicely

Dave from Keswick said...

Wow...