Monday 25 February 2013

Castlerigg Stone Circle



Another beautiful day in the Lakes and the long range forecast is looking good.
It's been a busy old week, Keswick Art Society asked me to do a workshop day in Pastels on Thursday, and I organised a weekend for beginners Watercolour workshop. The Penrith Art society workshop is this Thursday so the brushes and paints have been dancing around all week.
 It is a joy to share painting tips and ideas especially with groups who have been so enthusiastic. 
Thursday workshop is all about running, cascading and reflected water. So lets see what happens




I've  treated myself to a new toy/ necessity A SONY CAMERA and with the sunny shinning up at Castlerigg Stone circle, this was the perfect place to see what it can do.




Its got a panaramic viewfinder, great for the Helvellyn range with a dusting of snow.



A zoom lens, for those wildlife shots. 
A firework setting, but non of them today! and best of all a Snow setting!

The only problem with the camera is I got a wretched parking ticket when I bought it!!
Watch out if you go to Hombase in Kendal!!! 





No comments: