Monday 28 January 2013

Samoens it's not all ski

Here are some photo's of the last few days in Samoens.
It's not been all skiing, we had a lovely walk to Vallons.


 This small farming village on the outskirts of Samoens has some interesting painting subjects
round every corner.If you fancy joining me in September
 I'm running a painting holiday in this wonderful
part of the French Alps.




This is the first time I've seen a bicyle decorated with festive bows.



This morning we woke at Chalet Anpie to more snow and a soft icy cloud inversion.



Then the sun came out.



 The snow that's fallen in the last few weeks in Samoens



A perfect watercolour wash sky, looking towards Flaine.


Samoens, seen in late afternoon sunshine from the ski lift


Another shot from the ski lift, number one art critque
spends his time tutting as I click. I love this intimate view, it inspires me to get the Oils out.




Another favourite and one that could see a paintbrush. 
With nobody else on the piste skiing here is a joy. 
Hopefully no nasty skateboarders to knock me flying face down into a pile of snow


I've nearly finished a watercolour from chalet Anpie, I'll post it fingers crossed tomorrow



No comments: