Tuesday 9 March 2010

Spring is on it's way.



A few more shots of Scotland, driving back along Loch Lommond, the blue silhouette mountains plunging deeply into sparkling sun-kissed water reminded me of  Lake Iseo.
 With the sun shinning again today in the Lakes, Spring really does feel like it's on the way, I've seen crocuses, new born  lambs, catkins and sticky buds on the trees.The Daffodils will soon be out on the shores of Ullswater! Grasmere is holding an art exhibition at Easter and I am submitting five paintings as yet to be painted! So today found me starting on Number 1, so no pressure!

This tree always catches my eye, it seems to be growing out of the rock!It looked beautiful with the frost on it's outer branches.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

I think the next time I go to visit family in England, I will have to go to Scotland......beautiful pics.

Lakeland art said...

Many thanks Hilary, Scotland is a wonderful wild place.