Tuesday 5 May 2009

Pretty Polly

Dora's field, Rydal Mount named after William Wordsworth's Daughter
What a lovely peaceful corner I found, walking along 'The Coffin Route' from Grasmere to Rydal Mount. Famously called this because they used to carry the Coffin from Ambleside to Grasmere Church up until 1821, there are still some of the large flat stones that were used along the way to rest the coffin! It is a delightful walk along the side of the fells down to Rydal Water then walking above Grasmere Lake and finishing through the woods back to Grasmere. Today was a very damp and extremely wet day though and I was not not dressed accordingly! Let's hope that next week when I have a four day painting course at Grasmere the weather improves, the Bluebells all around should be in full bloom just perfect for painting.


I couldn't resist taking a photo of this window in Grasmere, I love the parrot!!

No comments: