Wednesday 31 December 2014

Top five paintings 2014

 
Here are my top five paintings of 2014, all chosen for different reasons.
 
 
The Green Jersey painted in Watercolours For Sale.
Watching Chris Froome cycle up an Alpine pass was a joy to behold.
 

 
Tarn Hows painted in Watercolours. For  Sale
Thoughts of returning home to the beautiful Lake District  and letting the paintbrush produce beautiful bright Autumn hues

 
Buttercups and Daisies painted in Watercolours.
I've painted numerous flowers in a jam jar, it's such a simple still life, but so difficult to paint the soft petals with varied colour tones. But I like this one!!
 
 
 
 
Derwentwater from the path to Latrigg painted in Oils. For Sale
I've walked this path so many times and it's wonderful to paint a view you do know so well.
 
Two of my favourite scenes, crisp snow and light casting wonderful colourful shadows.
 
 
 
Aiguille Vert and The Dru Painted in Pastels.
 
This is my number one favourite painting of 2014
I spent six months in the Chamonix valley and this spectacular mountain was my view.
 I watched it daily change it moods with the season and weather.
 It never failed to grab my attention and  to sit and stare and enjoy it's glory.
 
I hope you've enjoyed looking back at my favourite work and I can't wait to share with you in 2015 many new paintings. A very Happy New year xx
 
 
 
 
And if you fancy taking up the joy of painting in 2015 why not join my Online Watercolour Course.
 

2 comments:

Pauline G said...

Lovely paintings Jane - good to see you back in the Lake District - might make it to one of your courses this year! Happy 2015

Vick M. said...

Oh your work is soo lovely!!!