Thursday 11 December 2014

Favourite Winter photographs




It's getting to that time of the year. I'm starting to feel festive so thought I would share some of my favourite Winter photo's with you in the run up to Christmas. You can also see them daily on my
Jane Ward facebook page 


 
Grasmere  Winter walk
 
Driving back through a snowstorm from Kendal to Keswick. Suddenly the clouds disappeared and a Winter wonderland appeared. Realizing that I didn't have my trusty camera. I quickly drove back to Keswick and returned to Grasmere. A very quick walk of a few miles hoping that the snow did not disappear. And this photo was worth it. I use it loads for inspiration. Hope you like it too.
 
 
 

Smiley face and  Blencathra.
Castlerigg is one of those places that is stunning any time of the year, but for those that love Snow, totally special covered in fresh snow. I have a few photographer friends and one got straight in touch when he saw this' Is it snowing at Castlerigg' were his words.


 
First stage Oil on paper
 
This was the Castlerigg stone circle sketch, I promised you in the last post.
But with snow falling I couldn't resist painting this scene above Keswick. It's only had it's underpainting and as a little way to go yet.
 
 The Online watercolour course a perfect gift for Christmas for budding artists of all ages
 

No comments: