Wednesday 5 February 2014

Pointe Percee painted in watercolours


Pointe Percee


Painted in Watercolours 
Sold

When I saw this view, my attention was drawn to the lovely soft turquoise mountains shimmering in the background. So with this is mind getting the correct beautiful pale blue,was important to my painting. 
I often use Ultramarine or Cobalt Blue for the crisp snow shadows, but when I tried mixes of these, they just were not right.They were too warm. Out came Cobalt Turquoise a beautiful bright shade that was just right and it complemented the warm soft peach I used in some of the snow shadows and the sky.

A little information about Pointe Percee, this is the highest prominent peak in the Aravais and can be admired from the Grand Massif above Les Carroz. It was first climbed in 1865 by a chap from Geneva. 



 For more painting ideas and techniques 

No comments: