Tuesday 31 May 2011

The Magic of London

The changing the guard at .......

Zucchero at Royal Albert Hall

Big Ben

Just had a couple of days in the big city, did the usual sight seeing, walked miles and miles and went to the Tate. http://www.independent.co.uk/multimedia/dynamic/00560/53visrev1_560234s.jpg Here is a link to one of my favourite paintings by Arthur Melville in the 'Waterclour Exhibition' it might suprise you! I loved the flow of the watercolour medium, unbelievable depth of colour, very simple and not at all overworked, just beautiful.Others I liked, Gearge Robson Fennel had a dramatic mountainscape from the Isle of Skye, which again the depth of watercolour was stunning, Walter Langley had the most beautiful portrait of two women http://newlynschoolpainters.blogspot.com/2010/04/walter-langley-but-men-must-work-and.html
But these links don't the paintings justice. Of course Turner made me stand and stare for many happy moments and seeing his palettes and half finished ' Fountains Abbey' was again pure joy.
We also saw Zucchero my favourite Italian band at Royal Albert Hall which was fabulous and he played lots off his new album and many favourites but hearing him sing Miserere with Pavarotti singing on a screen was magical

One quick note I was pleased to see the Cumbrian Fells, I'm not a city girl.

1 comment:

Kay said...

so fun to see the pics! I remember all of these! I got to see Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall when I visited London in 2008. Glad you had a good time.