Wednesday 29 May 2013

Snow or sunshine in Samoens



One of the things I've been looking forward to in spending time in France was watching the seasons change. From a painters eye, I find it so inspiring and important. I have realized over the past few years, what I feel like painting  is usually what's happening outside the window. I read somewhere that the French Alps scenery compared to the Lake District is like it is on steroids!

So with all this in mind, above beautiful Buttercups enjoying the last rays of a warm sunny hot day ( Monday)




This morning heavy rain clouds swirling above Fresh Snow, this is the lowest we've seen it in the last four weeks. Can't believe the skis are back in the Lakes, but I did envisage painting flower meadows in warm sunshine at the end of May!






No comments: