Thursday 29 March 2012

Walk to Watendlath

Stage One Watercolour/ Ink under painting.
With this amazing weather we've been having in the Lakes I felt inspired to get the pastels out.
Working outside with these in warm sunshine could not be better. This was the first pastel outing this year, so I did feel a little in trepidation. On a stretched piece of Murano pastel paper, I blocked in some shapes with watercolour and Acrylic inks. I then came back in with the pastels once the paint was dry. Using the pastels for lighter areas seemed to work a treat. The stone wall was a joy to paint

Stage two Nearly finished I just need to adjust a few more things and then I think I'll call it a wrap!
Not really it's title is 
'Walk to Watendlath' 


I've also a new date to announce at 'The Dalegarth Hotel in Portinscale
Monday 13th to 16th August Watercolours in the Lakes
For beginners and Inspiring artists.
With single rooms still available, I would recommend booking sooner rather than later
Price includes Dinner bed and breakfast and all tuition £440.00

No comments: